Saturday, July 26, 2008

Long awaited SRJC Visit

It's been a while since I visited SR.. a couple of years to say the least? It's always a mixed feeling.. Going Back. On one hand, it reminds me of how badly i did during my 'O' Levels to end up at SR, and those 5-day training weeks for Soccer.. yet on the other hand, I'm grateful to have had great teachers who have helped me grow during the 2 years at the college, in particular, Mr Chacko, Mdm Ainon and Papa Teng. It's a pity that Mdm Ainon has transferred to NYJC though. While this certainly wouldn't be my last time visiting the school, the imminent departure of my CT would reduce the significance of such visits considerably.

The College itself has undergone several infrastructural changes since the last time I saw it and boy, it's about time. Under the stewardship of this new Principal, there have apparently been sweeping changes to the school and the administration in a bid to drag SR up the rankings. Well, having studied there myself, it's going to be an uphill task. Nonetheless, amidst all the construction and renovation, it's comforting to see that the "legacy" of the Class of 2003 remains...

Typical scene in my lectures.. Enjoying myself in dreamland..The only thing lacking is a soccer ball.. . ...